If you are searching for medium and high-resolution satellite imagery, the search is over as Image Hunter is the solution you’ve been looking for! Featuring satellite and aerial imagery as well as digital elevation models (DEMs) from a constantly expanding list of 48 sensors/datasets and 17 vendors, our database contains more than 70-million images/records meaning there is just no other website out there with this breadth of commercial data products. Our interface is slim-lined and modern, loading quickly on all platforms, browsers and operating systems. Further, our database is updated multiple times an hour with the most recent images collected by Maxar-DigitalGlobe, Airbus, Planet and more so you are sure to get the most current view of all the imagery and DEM databases we work with. Once you submit your request, an Apollo Mapping representative will be in touch within 4 Colorado business hours to get you the pricing information you need for your project.
So why wait? Give Image Hunter a try now to find the imagery and/or DEM data you need for your next mapping project!
Key March 2020 Improvement(s)
The past month has seen a slew of Image Hunter improvements, in fact it is hard to decide which are the most exciting! First, we added in two new satellites, 1-meter (m) 4-band KazEOSat-1 and then 6.5-m 5-band KazEOSat-2, our 47th and 48th satellite/DEM datasets, sweet! Second, we added some more UTC collection times for our time-sensitive clients. And finally, a new dark mode re-skin of Image Hunter is live, we think it is pretty cool, hopefully you agree!
Here is a summary of the changes/improvements we made to Image Hunter in the past month:
- Added in 1-m KazEOSat-1 and 6.5-m KazEOSat-2.
- Improved the update process for Hexagon, Maxar and SI Imaging data.
- Restored Deimos-1 updates.
- Changed the Image Hunter skin to dark mode, fixed some alignment issues in the Data Alert modal and improved the stability and functionality of the front end.
- Fixed a cloud cover bug with KOMPSAT imagery and Data Alerts.
- Introduced a new Clear button in the Search Results window.
- Coordinates for uploaded/created polygons are now displayed in the Enter Coordinates modal under the List of Vertices tab.
- OHS was not included in ID search, it is now.
- Changed SPOT 4/5 in the Data Selector to show 20-m SWIR as well.
- Added UTC collection times for Formosat-2/5 as well as Landsat 1 – 8.
- Recovered SkySat (thanks Devin for finding that!) and Hexagon previews.
Data Alert – An Automated Daily Imagery Search
Have you checked out Data Alert which lets you define an area of interest anywhere around the globe, the resolution your project requires and the number of months we should keep the alert active? Once an alert is set up, we check for new data over your area of interest every single day, and send you an email when we find coverage that meets your specifications. We have a short YouTube video with directions to set up a Data Alert, check out the last video; and we have written directions for Data Alert here.
The Sensors Available in Image Hunter
As you might have seen in past articles, we now feature hourly updates (seriously!) of GaoFen 1/2, GeoEye-1, KOMPSAT 2/3/3A, Pléiades 1, SPOT 6/7, SuperView-1, TripleSAT, WorldView-1/2/3/4 and ZiYuan-3!
Image Hunter can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is a one-stop shop for every major source of medium and high-resolution satellite (and aerial!) imagery on the market today, including:
- EROS B
- Pléiades 1 constellation
- SPOT 1 to 7 constellation
- ZiYuan-3 01/02 (mono and stereo!)
- ALOS PRISM (stereo)
- AW3D Standard (DEM)
- SkySat constellation
- PlanetScope constellation
- SuperView-1 constellation
- Landsat 1-8
- Hexagon (HxGN Content Program aerial imagery)
- Vricon DEMs
- Orbita Hyperspectral Satellite (OHS)
Key Features of Image Hunter
If any of our readers have struggled with other geospatial search engines that are clunky, only query one data source and/or do not provide image previews, then Image Hunter is the solution to your woes as it features:
- Online browsing of satellite and aerial imagery from 15 data providers and 44 satellite and aerial imagery derived datasets.
- Near-instantaneous loading of low-resolution preview imagery with collection date, cloud cover and other key metadata.
- The ability to define your area of interest by address, coordinates, geometric shape or shapefile/KMZ.
- A responsive basemap with street names to provide spatial context when discovering data as well as crowd-sourced updates for the most accurate map possible.
- Exports of the area of interest you create as well as the scenes you select in shapefile or KMZ format.
- Support for all operating systems, and not just our friends with Windows machines!
Image Hunter can be accessed here all day and night, we are excited to find out what you think about our imagery search engine! So if you have any ideas and/or feedback to improve Image Hunter, please let us know at [email protected] or (303) 993-3863.