Completed in 2016, WorldDEMTM is the first global elevation model with resolution better than 30-meters (m). Derived from stereo radar pairs collected from December 2010 to mid-2014 by Airbus Defense and Space GEO’s twin satellites, TerraSAR-X & TanDEM-X, WorldDEM features 12-m resolution. With years of experience producing spatial data through interferometry, Airbus’ WorldDEM is a high-quality elevation layer that is free from common radar-induced anomalies.
WorldDEM is the ideal solution for all mapping projects requiring accurate elevation models including orthorectification, floodplain determination, mineral exploration and hydrocarbon development.
For many, one of the key steps to purchasing elevation data is understanding the costs. The prices below are for the least expensive WorldDEM data offered. Prices will increase for more intensively processed data. Volume discounts are available.
- Minimum Order Size: 100 sq km (per area)
- Product Type: 12-meter WorldDEM DSM
- Price Per Sq Km: $6.25 (more detailed pricing can be found here)
For an exact quote, please contact our Sales Team at email@example.com.
- DEM Post Spacing (i.e. Resolution): 12 m
- Absolute Vertical Accuracy: < 4 m Linear Error 90% (LE90)
- Absolute Horizontal Accuracy: < 10 m Circular Error 90% (CE90)
- Data Source: interferometry from synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites TerraSAR-X & TanDEM-X
- Data Source Vintage: December 2010 to mid-2014
- Available Formats: WorldDEMcore (unedited digital surface model); WorldDEM (edited digital surface model); WorldDEM DTM (digital terrain model)
All three formats of the WorldDEM are available for near instantaneous delivery. This is a huge advantage over other elevation datasets which can take weeks, months or even years to produce.
WorldDEM is the first elevation dataset with standardized 12-m coverage from pole to pole of our planet.
Data in Cloudy Places
In many places of the world, there is persistent cloud cover that makes collecting quality optical stereo pairs extremely difficult. WorldDEM is created from radar data which can pass through clouds, so this is an ideal elevation solution for the cloudiest of places.
As no product is a one-size fits all solution, WorldDEM is offered as an unedited and edited digital surface model (DSM) and as a digital terrain model (DTM).