AW3D Standard digital elevation model (DEM) data is the result of a joint venture between NTT Data, Remote Sensing Technology Center of Japan (RESTEC) and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA). NTT Data and RESTEC utilize JAXA’s 2.5-meter (m) panchromatic ALOS satellite imagery taken from 2006 to 2011 to create 2.5-meter and 5-meter resolution digital surface models (DSMs) and digital terrain models (DTMs). The DEMs are derived from 3 million tri-stereo images, then corrected for gaps and anomalies, before they go through quality assurance tests.
AW3D Standard has off-the-shelf coverage for more than 80% of the Earth’s landmass, making it the highest resolution DEM with such comprehensive coverage. Its horizontal and vertical accuracy specification is 7-m LC90/LE90, which is based on analysis of the 5-m resolution product. For the 2.5-m resolution DEMs we can expect even better accuracy figures, though they are not yet published.
For many, one of the key steps to purchasing elevation data is understanding the costs. The prices below are for the least expensive AW3D Standard data offered. Prices will increase for higher resolution and additional processing.
- Minimum Order Size: 400 sq km (perr area)
- Product Type: AW3D Standard 5-m Level 1 DSM (raw)
- Price Per Sq Km: $3.00 (more detailed pricing can be found here)
For an exact quote, please contact our Sales Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DEM Post Spacing (i.e. Resolution): 2.5 m (5 m also available)
- Absolute Vertical Accuracy: 5 m RMSE / 7 m Linear Error 90% (LE90), dependent on slope of terrain
- Absolute Horizontal Accuracy: 5 m RMSE / 7 m Circular Error 90% (CE90), dependent on slope of terrain
- Data Source: ALOS tri-stereo panchromatic imagery
- Available Formats: DSM and DTM
In a Hurry?
AW3D Standard DEMs are delivered quickly, especially the Level 1 DSM which often takes just a week to get the data in your hands.
Great Coverage + Ideal Resolution
More than 80% of the Earth’s surface is available as a DSM or DTM that can be purchased in 2.5-m or 5-m resolution.
No GCPs Needed
Straight out of the box, AW3D Standard has impressive accuracy specifications without demanding ground control points as the horizontal and vertical accuracy is 5-m RMSE or 7-m LC90/LE90.
Are you interested in a validation of the AW3D accuracy specification?Download Whitepaper