For three years, Airbus’ twin high-resolution radar satellites, TerraSar-X and TanDEM-X, imaged the entire land surface of our planet multiple times to create the first ever global 12-meter (m) elevation model. Referred to as WorldDEMTM, this data is ideal for all mapping projects requiring accurate elevation models including orthorectification, floodplain determination, mineral exploration and hydrocarbon development.
As one of the few pre-made elevation models on the market, WorldDEM data takes an average of two to three weeks to deliver from the time of order confirmation – with a price that will not break the bank. So ask us how WorldDEM can help with your next geospatial project.
The key product specifications of Airbus’ WorldDEM are as follows:
- Resolution: 12-m
- Coverage: entire landmass of the Earth, ~150 million square kilometers (sq km)
- Absolute Vertical Accuracy: < 4-m Linear Error 90% (LE90)
- Relative Vertical Accuracy: < 2-m LE90 (slopes ≤ 20%), < 4-m LE90 (slopes > 20%)
- Absolute Horizontal Accuracy: < 10-m Circular Error 90% (CE90)
- Vintage: 2013 to 2016
- Source: interferometry from synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites TerraSAR-X & TanDEM-X
- Minimum Order: 100 sq km per polygon
- File Format: GeoTIFF
- Projection: geographic WGS84 (EGM2008, vertical datum), meter vertical unit
- Product Line Options:
- WorldDEMcore – unedited digital surface model (DSM), includes spikes, wells and voids
- WorldDEM – a DSM with removal of artifacts and water body flattening
- WorldDEM DTM – artifacts and surface features removed, i.e. a digital terrain model (DTM)
You can download four 12-m WorldDEM samples here:
- Buraydah, Saudi Arabia – desert with agriculture present; elevations from 576 m to 737 m provided in two formats, WorldDEMcore and WorldDEM
- Mjosa Lake, Norway – hilly terrain with large water bodies; 100 m to 840 m provided in two formats, WorldDEMcore and WorldDEM
- Rapid City, South Dakota, USA – moderate to hilly terrain; elevations from 927 m to 1,765 m provided in two formats, WorldDEM and WorldDEM DTM
- Wagga Wagga, Australia – forest and urban with many water bodies; 137 m to 922 m provided in two formats, WorldDEMcore and WorldDEM
For more information about 12-m WorldDEM data, including pricing and availability, please send us an email at email@example.com or check out our website here.
Leave a Reply