Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap (GBM).
With Global Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
September 2017 Product Update
In August, we focused on GBM coverage over Australia and this month we move north with a focus on Asia’s GBM coverage (minus Russia). Admittedly the coverage is not as complete as over Australia but given the sheer area of Asia, it is still pretty amazing – plus the coverage in India is quite complete from the past year. Check out these statistics for a fuller story on the GBM coverage over Asia:
- Asia (minus Russia) GBM Coverage By Year
- Less than 1 year (yr) old – 21,046,286 sq km, 66.80% coverage of Asia
- 1 to 2 yr old – 18,831,498 sq km, 59.77% coverage
- 2 to 3 yr old – 12,330,426 sq km, 39.13% coverage
- 3 to 4 yr old – 7,442,815 sq km, 23.62% coverage
- 4 yr old and greater – 22,595,197 sq km, 71.71% coverage
- Total coverage – 82,246,222 sq km
- Total (approximate) area of Asia (minus Russia) – 31,508,848 sq km
Global Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 30-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy:5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at email@example.com or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.