Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap (GBM).
With Global Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
August 2017 Product Update
In July, our focus was on Central America and this month we move to the other side of the world with a look at GBM coverage over Australia. And has been the trend month after month, the amount of coverage over Australia in GBM is just mind-blowing, especially when you consider how sparsely populated much of the nation-continent is. Check out these coverage statistics here:
- Australia GBM Coverage By Year
- Less than 1 year (yr) old – 6,354,872 sq km, 82.67% coverage of Australia
- 1 to 2 yr old – 7,173,795 sq km, 93.32% coverage
- 2 to 3 yr old – 3,092,802 sq km, 40.23% coverage
- 3 to 4 yr old – 1,657,458 sq km, 21.56% coverage
- 4 yr old and greater – 6,839,752 sq km, 88.98% coverage
- Total coverage – 25,118,679 sq km
- Total (approximate) area of Australia – 7,687,327 sq km
Global Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 30-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy:5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at email@example.com or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.
Dear Digital Globe,
How are you? I work as a GIS officer at an organisation called the Carpentaria Land Council.
Our areas of responsibility is the Southern Gulf of Carpentaria region of Australia. land and Sea.
We definitely have a need for high resolution and often date related satellite imagery.
We are interested in knowing more about DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap pricing and coverage.
Can you provide this and other supporting information?
Look forward to hearing from you soon. Have a great day.
P.S> I have prior experience with digital globe imagery from other jobs
Thanks for the comment Peter – I will follow up directly to you.