Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe Basemap (GBM).
With DigitalGlobe Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
August 2015 DigitalGlobe Basemap Product Update
Each month, DigitalGlobe adds new imagery to the GBM database. Here is a quick update on the coverage statistics for the European Union (EU) as well as for the USA +Refresh version of GBM whereby 90% of the continental states will be no older than 12 months.
- European Union GBM
- Less than 1 year old – 1,992,899 square kilometers (sq km), which covers 45.42% of EU
- 1 – 2 years old – 1,864,170 sq km, 42.49% of EU
- 2 – 3 years old – 1,404,584 sq km, 32.01% of EU
- 3 – 4 years old – 2,286,208 sq km, 52.11% of EU
- More than 4 years old – 3,870,146, 88.21% of EU
- USA GBM +Refresh
- Color imagery – 7,460,530 sq km, which covers 57% of USA
- Pan imagery – 4,201,692 sq km, 53.83% of USA
DigitalGlobe Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 60-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy:5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.