Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is Maxar’s SecureWatch (formerly called Global Basemap or GBM).
With SecureWatch, you have access to millions of square kilometers of streamed imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in web-mapping services and in an online viewer. Perhaps the most important feature of SecureWatch are the regular streaming updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
And if the SecureWatch streaming database lacks the coverage you need, Premium users are now able to download any image from the entire Maxar archive in a wide variety of formats!
March 2021 Product Update
In February our SecureWatch focus was on Europe and for this month we pivot our attention to Africa. Here is a detailed summary of the current SecureWatch coverage in Africa:
- Africa Coverage By Year
- Less than 1 year (yr) old – 20,493,900 sq km, 68.64% coverage of Africa
- 1 to 2 yr old – 21,033,000 sq km, 70.46% coverage
- 2 to 3 yr old – 15,794,000 sq km, 52.90% coverage
- 3 to 4 yr old – 727,159 sq km, 2.44% coverage
- 4 yr old and greater – 2,626,160 sq km, 8.80% coverage
- Total coverage – 60,674,219 sq km
- Total (approximate) area considered – 29,857,252.7 sq km
SecureWatch Product Specifications
- Accessible Geographic Regions: global (unless geo-fencing specifically requested by client)
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 30-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2/3/4 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Imagery Holdback Period For Updates: 90 day holdback for SecureWatch Standard; 2 day holdback for SecureWatch Premium; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy: at least 8.5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database/downloads and online portal
- Annual Downloads & Streaming Limits: Standard = 4 gigabytes (GB) and up, annual license for downloads; Premium = 2 GB and up, perpetual license for downloads
- Maximum Concurrent Users: unlimited!
- Data Layers: Standard = standard image strips, +Vivid country-wide mosaics, and OSM and Google Maps vectors; Premium = standard, +Daily and First Look image strips, +Metro, +Vivid and Landsat mosaics, and OSM and Google Maps vectors
- Pricing Model: Standard and Premium tiered annual pricing models with increasing download and streaming limits; also a Streaming only annual model based on seats
SecureWatch Direct Archive Download Specifications
Premium SecureWatch users are able to download high-resolution satellite imagery from the entire Maxar archive in a variety of formats. Here are some details on this exciting offering:
- Available Data Sources: entire commercial archives of GeoEye-1, IKONOS, QuickBird and WorldView-1/2/3/4 (SWIR included too!)
- Annual Downloads Limits: 2 GB and up; metering combined with streaming usage
- Product License: internal use and perpetual
- Product Resolution: maximum resolution for each satellite
- Product Formats: all standard types are offered including, orthoready, stereo, basic, 4-band bundle, 8-band bundle, ACOMP on, etc.
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in Maxar’s SecureWatch, you can reach our sales team anytime at [email protected] or during typical American business hours at (303) 993-3863.