Launched in late 2016 (and relaunched in mid-2018), Map Mavin is our pay-as-you go GIS cloud that lets users make unlimited public and password-protected web maps. Once you upload your vector and raster files to our secure Amazon cloud, you are ready to make and share your web maps in minutes – just like this demo web map we made with vectors and a base layer TIFF from Boulder, Colorado.
And with our Screen Share function, you can link up with users all around the world to collaborate on a map in real-time. Picture a live webex in your mind but just based around a map that moves and changes as the members of your team update information. Imagine the possibilities of working in real-time with a team of collaborators around the world without any GIS knowledge required!
Priced at just $35 per month with a free trial month, there is no other cloud-based GIS on the market that can compete with Map Mavin on price. For your $35 per month, you are able to store up to 5 gigabytes (5GB) as well as make and share unlimited web maps. As an added bonus, you can cancel your monthly contract at any time.
September 2018 Product Updates
In the past month, we released Map Mavin updates that included but were not limited to the following list of fixes, additions and/or enhancements:
- You can now remove yourself from shared maps.
- The initial screen extent will automatically adjust to the maximum extents of your combined selected layers.
- Added a tilt button to the web map.
- Admins can now add/delete/modify layers in the Layer Editor interface.
- Your maps will load quicker thanks to super boosting from Amazon’s CloudFront.
- Added a more robust list of coordinate systems and datums for automatic projection detection on shapefile/TIFF upload.
- You can now share password-protected maps with a URL and password only.
- Added a bunch of new data visualization tools including heat maps, choropleth and conditional formatting.
- Bulk uploads of layers now supported.
- WMS is now accepted as a layer format.
- You can create blank layers for use in data collection.
- Features can now be shifted in editing mode.
- And the list could go on and on…
Stay tuned to this series where we will let you know about the Map Mavin changes that were released in the past month.
If you have an improvement or feature addition you would like to add the Map Mavin product road map, let us know by email at [email protected].
Are you interested in trying out Map Mavin? If so, you can sign up here. Or maybe you would like a live demo of the product before you sign up? If so, send us an email at [email protected] and we will get one scheduled right away!