Google Earth is an accessible and easy to use program utilized by people around the world. Its popularity has made Google Earth an essential tool for viewing, creating and editing geographic information. Collaborating with people who don’t have expensive software or robust training makes Google Earth a workhorse amongst GIS programs. But what do you do when it’s time to bring that information into a GIS program like QGIS, ArcGIS or GRASS GIS? KMLs and KMZs allow users to create points, lines and polygons in a single file, but shapefiles are more stringent and only allow for one shape-type in each SHP. This is where our free kmz2shp.com conversion website shines! Our easy-to-use interface allows you to convert those integral KML/KMZ files into shapefiles – even ones with points, line and polygons combined in a single file. So, in a matter of seconds, your complex KML and KMZ files will transform into shapefiles you can open in any GIS.
Working with your teammates, clients and other stakeholders shouldn’t be difficult. There’s no need to get caught up on file conversions when you have kmz2shp.com to use for free!
Here are a few of the features that make kmz2shp.com superior to other GIS conversion websites out there:
- Our website is 100% free as long as your uploaded file is below 10MB. And you can convert as many files as you like per day.
- We do not gather any contact information, email, etc. to convert shapefiles, KMLs, KMZs and GeoJSONs.
- We built this website on Google AMP so it loads nearly instantly in Chrome.
- You can convert point, line and polygon files on kmz2shp.com – in fact, we even have a way to convert mixed geometry KMZ files.
- Oh and did we mention the website is 100% free?!
We hope you find our website, kmz2shp.com, helpful and it saves you the extra step of going to Image Hunter each time you want to convert between a GIS file format.
Leave a Reply