Have you checked out the new and improved Image Hunter yet?!?! If not, you should!
Listening to the feedback we received on improving imagery search engines, the new version of Image Hunter features a major overhaul to the user interface as well as to the backend architecture. Image Hunter Version 2 is built on open-source technology so now it works on all computers, not just on Windows machines. We slimmed down the user interface to make it easier to find the imagery filters and other available tools. All things said, we really think you will enjoy your browsing experience with Image Hunter (Version 2).
Key December 2016 Improvement(s)
During December we released a new tool for Image Hunter, a measuring tape so you can assess distances such as the width of your order polygon. We are also still working on adding in new satellites to Image Hunter, we just need a few more items from each vendor to get this done. Thanks for your continued support of Image Hunter!
The future is now! We launched our highly anticipated Data Alert service in mid-2015 and it’s a hit! Data Alert lets you define an area of interest anywhere around the globe, the resolution your project requires and the number of months we should keep the alert active. Once this is set up, we check for new data over your area of interest every single day, and send you an email alert when we find coverage that meets your specifications. We have a short YouTube video with directions to set up a Data Alert, check out the second video. And we have written directions for Data Alert here.
Image Hunter can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is a one-stop shop for every major source of medium and high-resolution satellite imagery on the market today, including:
- EROS B
- The Pléiades 1 constellation
- The entire SPOT constellation
If any of our readers have struggled with other geospatial search engines that are clunky, only query one data source and/or do not provide image previews, then Image Hunter is the solution to your woes, as it features:
- Online browsing of satellite imagery from 6 data providers and over 20 satellites.
- Near-instantaneous loading of low resolution preview imagery with collection date, cloud cover and other key metadata.
- The ability to define your area of interest by address and with coordinates, geometric shape or shapefile/KMZ.
- A responsive basemap with street names to provide spatial context when discovering data as well as crowd-sourced updates for the most accurate map possible.
- Exports of the area of interest you create as well as the scenes you select in shapefile or KMZ format.
- Support for all operating systems, and not just our friends with Windows machines!
The new version of Image Hunter can be accessed here. We are excited to find out what you think about Version 2!
If you have any ideas and/or feedback to improve the new Image Hunter, please let us know at email@example.com or (303) 993-3863.