If you are searching for medium and high-resolution satellite imagery, the search is over as Image Hunter is the solution you’ve been looking for! Featuring satellite and aerial imagery as well as digital elevation models (DEMs) from a constantly expanding list of 56 sensors/datasets and 19 vendors, our database contains more than 117-million images/records meaning there is just no other website out there with this breadth of commercial data products. Our interface is slim-lined and modern, loading quickly on all platforms, browsers and operating systems. Further, our database is updated multiple times an hour with the most recent images collected by WorldView-3, Pléiades 1, PlanetScope, SuperView-1 and many more so you are sure to get the most current view of all the imagery and DEM databases we work with. Once you submit your request, an Apollo Mapping representative will be in touch within 4 Colorado business hours to get you the pricing information you need for your project.
So why wait? Give Image Hunter a try now to find the imagery and/or DEM data you need for your next mapping project!
Key May Improvement(s)
We are always working hard to make Image Hunter even better than it already is and this month the focus was on image footprint updates which are really the back-bone of the system. In fact, we added in several new APIs that will help improve the stability of image updates as well as increase their efficiency. We also pushed-up a few, small front-end changes in the release as well as some additional security measures.
Here is a summary of the changes/improvements we made to Image Hunter during the past month:
- Migrated to the new Maxar API.
- Restored the Orbita API for OSV and OHS datasets.
- Removed duplicate and missing Jilin-1 images.
- Improved persistent URLs so that selected images are at the top of the results and the rest of the unpicked images are sorted by date below.
- Changed the wording in a Data Alert dropdown menu.
- Limited the number of searches per IP per day to improve system performance for everyone.
- Automated certificate renewals.
- Fixed some odd Maxar previews.
- Deleted some Airbus imagery that was no longer in their catalogue.
Data Alert – An Automated Daily Imagery Search
Have you checked out Data Alert which lets you define an area of interest anywhere around the globe, the resolution your project requires and the number of months we should keep the alert active? Once an alert is set up, we check for new data over your area of interest every single day, and send you an email when we find coverage that meets your specifications. We have a short YouTube video with directions to set up a Data Alert, check out the last video; and we have written directions for Data Alert here.
The Sensors Available in Image Hunter
As you might have seen in past articles, we now feature hourly updates (seriously!) of GaoFen 1/2, GeoEye-1, KOMPSAT 2/3/3A, Pléiades 1 and Neo, SPOT 6/7, SuperView-1, TripleSAT, WorldView-1/2/3/4 and ZiYuan-3!
Image Hunter can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is a one-stop shop for every major source of medium and high-resolution satellite (and aerial!) imagery on the market today, including:
- EROS B
- Pléiades 1 constellation
- Pléiades Neo constellation
- SPOT 1 to 7 constellation
- ZiYuan-3 01/02 (mono and stereo!)
- ALOS PRISM (stereo)
- AW3D Standard (DEM)
- SkySat constellation
- PlanetScope constellation (including 5-band SuperDove data)
- SuperView-1 constellation
- Landsat 1-8
- Hexagon (HxGN Content Program aerial imagery)
- WorldDEM Neo
- Vricon DEMs
- Orbita Hyperspectral Satellite (OHS)
- Jilin-1 Optical
- Jilin-1 Video (including nighttime imagery)
- Jilin-1 GF
- Jillin-1 KF
- Orbita Video Satellites-1/2/3 (OVS-1/2/3)
- BlackSky Global series
Key Features of Image Hunter
If any of our readers have struggled with other geospatial search engines that are clunky, only query one data source and/or do not provide image previews, then Image Hunter is the solution to your woes as it features:
- Online browsing of satellite and aerial imagery from 19 data providers and 56 satellite and aerial imagery derived datasets.
- Near-instantaneous loading of low-resolution preview imagery with collection date, cloud cover and other key metadata.
- The ability to define your area of interest by address, coordinates, geometric shape or shapefile/KMZ.
- A responsive basemap with street names to provide spatial context when discovering data as well as crowd-sourced updates for the most accurate map possible.
- Exports of the area of interest you create as well as the scenes you select in shapefile or KMZ format.
- Support for all operating systems, and not just our friends with Windows machines!
Image Hunter can be accessed here all day and night, we are excited to find out what you think about our imagery search engine! So if you have any ideas and/or feedback to improve Image Hunter, please let us know at [email protected] or (303) 993-3863.