If you are searching for medium and high-resolution satellite imagery, the search is over as Image Hunter is the solution you’ve been looking for! Featuring satellite and aerial imagery as well as digital elevation models (DEMs) from a constantly expanding list of 40+ sensors and 14 vendors, our database contains more than 63-million images meaning there is just no other website out there with this breadth of commercial data products. Our interface is slim-lined and modern, loading quickly on all platforms, browsers and operating systems. Further, our database is updated multiple times an hour with the most recent images collected by Maxar-DigitalGlobe, Airbus, Planet and more so you are sure to get the most current view of all the imagery and DEM databases we work with. Once you submit your request, an Apollo Mapping representative will be in touch within 4 Colorado business hours to get you the pricing information you need for your project.
So why wait? Give Image Hunter a try now to find the imagery and/or DEM data you need for your next mapping project!
Key June 2019 Improvement(s)
In case you missed it, we have re-doubled efforts on Image Hunter and as such we have been busy adding datasets and improving the imagery search engine! In the past month, our favorite changes are the new login system and the addition of 12-meter WorldDEM to our ever-growing list of satellites, aerial datasets and DEMs. With our new login system, users can save searches, review submitted orders and save their contact information for quotes. We will be expanding the functionality of the login system in the coming months as well, stay tuned!
Here is a list of the major (and a few minor) changes we made to Image Hunter in the past month:
- Introduced a new login system to save searches, submitted orders and contact information for order submission.
- Added 12-meter WorldDEM to the database, our 42nd dataset!
- Split PlanetScope into three datasets to better match their product offerings, i.e. 3-band and 4-band scenes and ortho tiles.
- Changed the Catalogue IDs we display for PlanetScope datasets.
- Added a DEM radial to the main filter list to make finding elevation data as easy as possible.
- Editing polygons could be a bit buggy, we fixed that up.
- A few small GUI changes to improve the toolbar header, modal spacing and the overall look and feel.
- Improved the backend handling of our preview cache.
- Updated our Materials-UI library so the front-end looks and runs as ideal as possible in different browsers and operating systems.
Data Alert – An Automated Daily Imagery Search
Have you checked out Data Alert which lets you define an area of interest anywhere around the globe, the resolution your project requires and the number of months we should keep the alert active? Once an alert is set up, we check for new data over your area of interest every single day, and send you an email when we find coverage that meets your specifications. We have a short YouTube video with directions to set up a Data Alert, check out the second video; and we have written directions for Data Alert here.
The Sensors Available in Image Hunter
As you might have seen in past articles, we now feature hourly updates (seriously!) of GaoFen 1/2, GeoEye-1, KOMPSAT 2/3/3A, Pléiades 1, SPOT 6/7, SuperView-1, TripleSAT, WorldView-1/2/3/4 and ZiYuan-3!
Image Hunter can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is a one-stop shop for every major source of medium and high-resolution satellite (and aerial!) imagery on the market today, including:
- EROS B
- Pléiades 1 constellation
- SPOT 1 to 7 constellation
- ZiYuan-3 01/02 (mono and stereo!)
- ALOS PRISM (stereo)
- AW3D Standard (DEM)
- SkySat constellation
- PlanetScope constellation
- SuperView-1 constellation
- Landsat 1-8
- Hexagon (HxGN Content Program aerial imagery)
Key Features of Image Hunter
If any of our readers have struggled with other geospatial search engines that are clunky, only query one data source and/or do not provide image previews, then Image Hunter is the solution to your woes as it features:
- Online browsing of satellite and aerial imagery from 14 data providers and 42 sensor systems.
- Near-instantaneous loading of low-resolution preview imagery with collection date, cloud cover and other key metadata.
- The ability to define your area of interest by address, coordinates, geometric shape or shapefile/KMZ.
- A responsive basemap with street names to provide spatial context when discovering data as well as crowd-sourced updates for the most accurate map possible.
- Exports of the area of interest you create as well as the scenes you select in shapefile or KMZ format.
- Support for all operating systems, and not just our friends with Windows machines!
Image Hunter can be accessed here all-day and all-night, we are excited to find out what you think about our imagery search engine! So if you have any ideas and/or feedback to improve Image Hunter, please let us know at [email protected] or (303) 993-3863.