Did you see the news that we have a satellite constellation in Image Hunter that offers high-resolution mono, video and nighttime imagery? If not, read on and find out more about this exciting constellation!
Update! Nine new, high-resolution Jilin-1 satellites are now operational and ready for purchase on Image Hunter! For the first time, CG Satellite is offering a 50-centimeter (cm) resolution, 4-band product from their new KF01B satellite. They also added three new video and nighttime satellites with 1.2-meter (m) resolution and natural color; as well as five new GF series 75-cm and 1-m resolution satellites.
Apollo Mapping offers high-resolution Jilin-1 imagery from satellites owned and operated by CG Satellite. This partnership unlocks a constellation of multiple satellites in four different series (i.e. Optical, Video, GF and KF) launched between 2015 and now. With a robust archive accessible through Image Hunter, the Jilin-1 product suite includes nighttime, video and mono imagery!
Jilin-1 offers an impressive variety of resolutions from 50-cm to 1.2-m. It’s also the only constellation boasting an array of unique capabilities, like 120-second color video collected at 92-cm and 1.2-m resolution; and 92-cm to 1.2-m color nighttime imagery. Five satellites in the Jilin-1 Video series also collect a 3.68-meter red-edge band for vegetation mapping; while one satellite in the KF series collects data with a massive 136-kilometer (km) wide footprint. With so many satellites in orbit, Jilin-1 revisits the same location up to six times a day, resulting in a robust archive filled with large-footprint images.
Check out some of the interesting specifications that sets the Jilin-1 constellation apart from its competitors:
- Collection Capabilities:
- GF02D/F: 40 km wide
- GF03C-01/02/03: 14.4 km (wide) x 6 km (long)
- GF03B-01/02/03/04/05/06, GF03D-01/02/03: > 17 km wide
- KF01B: > 150 km wide
- Spectral Bands:
- GF02A/GF02B/GF03A/KF01A/KF01B/Optical A, GF03B-01/02/03/04/05/06, GF03D-01/02/03: panchromatic & 4-band multispectral (red, green, blue, near-infrared [NIR])
- GF03C-01/02/03, Video 01/02/03: 3-band color (red, green, blue)
- Video 04/05/06/07/08: panchromatic & 5-band multispectral (red, green, blue, near-infrared [NIR], red edge); 3-band color (red, green, blue; video & nighttime imaging only
- Sensor Resolution: (at nadir)
- GF03C-01/02/03 – 1.2-m color (video & nighttime imaging only)
- GF02A/GF02B/GF02C/GF02D/KF01A, GF03D-01/02/03 – 75-cm panchromatic, 3-m multispectral
- KF01B – 50-cm panchromatic, 2-m multispectral
- GF03B-01/02/03/04/05/06 – 1-m panchromatic, 4-m multispectral
You can search for Jilin-1 coverage 24-hours a day by using Image Hunter. If you have any pricing requests, additional questions or would like a price list with Jilin-1 data added in, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!