Did you see the news that we have a satellite constellation in Image Hunter that offers high-resolution mono, video and nighttime imagery? If not, read on and find out more about this exciting constellation!
JANUARY 2023 UPDATE! Our latest Image Hunter update added over 350,000 new Jilin-1 images to the database. In fact, 32 new Jilin-1 satellites ranging from 30-centimeter (cm) to 75-cm resolution are now ready to search in Image Hunter! We also observed that many of these images cover historically cloudy regions of the world, opening up new opportunities in areas where imagery is sparse.
Apollo Mapping offers high-resolution Jilin-1 imagery from satellites owned and operated by CG Satellite. This partnership unlocks a constellation of multiple satellites in four different series (i.e. Optical, Video, GF and KF) launched between 2015 and now. With a robust archive accessible through Image Hunter, the Jilin-1 product suite includes nighttime, video and mono imagery!
Jilin-1 offers an impressive variety of resolutions from 30-cm to 1.2-m. It’s also the only constellation boasting an array of unique capabilities, like 120-second color video collected at 92-cm and 1.2-m resolution; and 92-cm to 1.2-m color nighttime imagery. Five satellites in the Jilin-1 Video series also collect a 3.68-meter red-edge band for vegetation mapping; while satellites in the KF series collect data with a massive 136-kilometer (km) wide footprint or greater. With so many satellites in orbit, Jilin-1 revisits the same location up to six times a day, resulting in a robust archive filled with large-footprint images.
Check out some of the interesting specifications that set the Jilin-1 constellation apart from its competitors:
- Sensor Resolution: (at nadir)
- Optical A – 72-cm panchromatic, 2.88-m multispectral
- Video 01/02 – 1.13-m color (video imaging only)
- Video 03 – 92-cm color (video & nighttime imaging only)
- Video 04/05/06/07/08 – 92-cm panchromatic, 3.68-m multispectral; 92-cm color (video & nighttime imaging only)
- GF03C-01/02/03 – 1.2-m color (video & nighttime imaging only)
- GF02A/GF02B/GF02C/GF02D/KF01A, GF03D Series – 75-cm panchromatic, 3-m multispectral
- KF01B/KF01C – 50-cm panchromatic, 2-m multispectral
- GF03B-01/02/03/04/05/06 – 1-m panchromatic, 4-m multispectral
- GF03A – 1.06-m panchromatic, 4.24-m multispectral
- GF04A – 30-cm panchromatic, 1.2-m multispectral
- Collection Geometry: (at nadir)
- Optical A: 11.6 km (width) x 11.6 km (length)
- Video 01/02: 4.6 km × 3.4 km
- Video 03: 11 km x 4.5 km
- Video 04/05/06/07/08: 19 km wide x up to 420 km long (pushbroom, daytime imaging); 11 km × 4.5 km (video & nighttime imaging only)
- GF02A/B: two cameras at slightly over 20 km, combined footprint width of 40 to 42 km; 2,100 km maximum length
- GF03A: 18.5 km x up to 2,280 km
- KF01A: 136 km x up to 4,200 km; full scene is divided into 23 km x 23 km sections upon data transfer
- GF02D/F: 40 km wide
- GF03C-01/02/03: 14.4 km (wide) x 6 km (long)
- GF03B-01/02/03/04/05/06, GF03D Series: > 17 km wide
- KF01B/KF01C: > 150 km wide
- GF04A: 15 km wide
You can search for Jilin-1 coverage 24-hours a day by using Image Hunter.
And you can request a new price list with 30-cm Jilin-1 added in by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Leave a Reply