Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe Basemap (GBM).
With DigitalGlobe Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
May 2016 Product Update
From South America we move north with a focus on GBM coverage over the United States. And admittedly this is where GBM really exceeds expectations as DigitalGlobe has committed to an unheard of refresh schedule over the continental United States with 90% or more of the country less than 12 months old at any given time. You can see that DigitalGlobe is blowing away the 90% commitment with very near 100% coverage 12 months or newer – and in many locations, it is just that, much newer than 12 months with multiple images from the past year. A quick note here, over Alaska, the commitment is 70% newer than 12 months.
Here are some statistics we calculated based on the available GBM imagery coverage over the United States as of May 10th:
- United States GBM Coverage By Year
- Less than 1 year (yr) old – 8,864,137 sq km, 93.64% coverage of the entire United States
- 1 to 2 yr old – 8,911,987 sq km, 94.15% coverage
- 2 to 3 yr old – 7,760,865 sq km, 81.99% coverage
- 3 to 4 yr old – 1,440,576 sq km, 15.22% coverage
- 4 yr old and greater – 8,595,974 sq km, 90.81% coverage
- Total coverage – 35,573,539 sq km
DigitalGlobe Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 60-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy:5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at email@example.com or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.