Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe Basemap (GBM).
With DigitalGlobe Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
January 2017 Product Update
In December we reviewed GBM coverage over the United States and this month we move our attention to our neighbors to the south with a look at the coverage over South America. And admittedly we are rather impressed with how much data DigitalGlobe has loaded in a region that is plagued by chronic cloud cover – nice work! Check out the coverage statistics as well while you review the coverage map.
- South America GBM Coverage By Year
- Less than 1 year (yr) old – 14,365,928 sq km, 81.15% coverage of United States
- 1 to 2 yr old – 10,190,568 sq km, 57.56% coverage
- 2 to 3 yr old – 11,185,931 sq km, 63.18% coverage
- 3 to 4 yr old – 9,097,771 sq km, 51.39% coverage
- 4 yr old and greater – 17,232,534 sq km, 97.34% coverage
- Total coverage – 62,072,732 sq km
- Total (approximate) area of South America – 17,703,776 sq km
DigitalGlobe Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 30-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy: 8.5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at [email protected] or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.