Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe Basemap (GBM).
With DigitalGlobe Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
December 2016 Product Update
In November we looked at the GBM coverage over Canada, and this month we move south with a look at coverage over the United States. And much like the other countries we have looked at recently, the coverage is very robust over the United States. Further, it will improve significantly once the winter is over and locations can be updated again with snow-free imagery. Also keep in mind that the values below include Alaska which is huge and hard to update given the short growing season; that definitely skews the numbers downward. Now here are the coverage stats to review!
- United States GBM Coverage By Year
- Less than 1 year (yr) old – 6,192,378 sq km, 65.42% coverage of United States
- 1 to 2 yr old – 7,746,804 sq km, 81.84% coverage
- 2 to 3 yr old – 6,260,664 sq km, 66.14% coverage
- 3 to 4 yr old – 5,002,001 sq km, 52.84% coverage
- 4 yr old and greater – 8,724,545 sq km, 92.17% coverage
- Total coverage – 33,926,392 sq km
- Total (approximate) area of the United States – 9,465,833 sq km
DigitalGlobe Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 30-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy: 8.5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at [email protected] or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.