Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe Basemap (GBM).
With DigitalGlobe Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
November 2016 Product Update
Last month, our focus was on our neighbors to the south with a look at GBM coverage over Central America, and in December we turn our attention north to Canada. Much like over the USA, the coverage that is less than a year old in GBM is very impressive, especially given how remote and vast northern Canada really is. Check out more of the coverage stats below!
- Canada GBM Coverage By Year
- Less than 1 year (yr) old – 7,715,207 sq km, 77.52% coverage of Canada
- 1 to 2 yr old – 7,607,191 sq km, 76.43% coverage
- 2 to 3 yr old – 3,415,216 sq km, 34.31% coverage
- 3 to 4 yr old – 3,358,090 sq km, 33.74% coverage
- 4 yr old and greater – 6,434,086 sq km, 64.64% coverage
- Total coverage – 28,529,790 sq km
- Total (approximate) area of Canada – 9,952,537 sq km
DigitalGlobe Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 30-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy: 8.5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at email@example.com or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.