Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe Basemap (GBM).
With DigitalGlobe Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
March 2016 Product Update
Each month, DigitalGlobe adds new imagery to the GBM database, and our goal is to keep our readers updated on key regions of the world where this activity focuses. China is one of the world’s most important countries and is hence our focus this month. Here are some statistics about the GBM coverage over China in the +Daily version of the product. The +Daily version features the largest database of imagery as the specifications for cloud cover and off-nadir angle are relaxed as compared to +Refresh.
- China GBM Coverage By Year
- 2016 – 3,924,485 square kilometers (sq km)
- 2015 – 12,399,810 sq km
- 2014 – 15,144,451 sq km
- 2013 – 9,929,571 sq km
- 2012 – 4,741,111 sq km
- 2011 – 4,198,428 sq km
- 2010 to 2002 – 9,884,996 sq km
DigitalGlobe Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 60-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy:5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at [email protected] or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.