Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe Basemap (GBM).
With DigitalGlobe Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
October 2015 Product Update
**Sorry – this is a rerun from last month as we were not able to obtain new information on GBM in time for this article run.**
Each month, DigitalGlobe adds new imagery to the GBM database. Here is a quick update on the coverage statistics for Australia as well as for the USA +Refresh version of GBM whereby 90% of the continental states will be no older than 12 months.
- Australia GBM
- Less than 1 year old – 58.68% of Australia
- Less than 2 years old – 90.95% of Australia
- Less than 3 years old – 94.52% of Australia
- Less than 4 years old – 95.87% of Australia
- Total Coverage – 99.99% of Australia
- USA GBM +Refresh (excludes Alaska)
- Color imagery less than 1 year old – 6,882,719 sq km, which covers 88.17% of the continental USA
- Pan imagery less than 1 year old – 3,837,294 sq km, 49.16% of the continental USA
- Total imagery less than 1 year old – 7,407,917 sq km, 94.90% of the continental USA
DigitalGlobe Basemap Product Specifications
Here is a summary of the key GBM product specifications:
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 60-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy:5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at [email protected] or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.