Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe Basemap (GBM).
With DigitalGlobe Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
November 2015 Product Update
With our focus on Africa for this month’s update on GBM, here are some statistics about the country level coverage in some of the continent’s most important countries:
- Algeria – 87% total country coverage with 55% a year or less old
- Egypt – 76% total country coverage with 37% a year or less old
- Ethiopia – 94% total country coverage with 18% a year or less old
- Kenya – 90% total country coverage with 18% a year or less old
- Morocco – 99% total country coverage with 71% a year or less old
- Nigeria – 78% total country coverage with 20% a year or less old
- Rwanda – 92% total country coverage with 34% a year or less old
- South Africa – 100% total country coverage with 61% a year or less old
- Uganda – 96% total country coverage with 44% a year or less old
- Zimbabwe – 90% total country coverage with 39% a year or less old
DigitalGlobe Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 60-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy:5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.