A series of 1.5-meter natural color SPOT 6 imagery collected on November 2, 2012 over Toulouse, France. These images were photo enhanced by Apollo Mapping. © CNES 2012, Distribution Astrium Services / Spot Image S.A., France, all rights reserved.
The Apollo Mapping sales team is happy to announce that starting immediately, we are accepting orders for Astrium’s newest medium resolution satellite, SPOT 6. SPOT 6 offers 1.5-meter panchromatic and 6-meter multispectral resolution products with a 60-kilometer (km) wide footprint. Offering a blue band for the first time, SPOT 6 can collect 3 million sq km per day – making it the choice for regional and country-wide mapping projects as well as agricultural monitoring. Later this year, SPOT 6 will be joined by its twin in space, SPOT 7, doubling imagery collection capacity and offering daily revisits.
Key Satellite Specifications Of SPOT 6
- Spectral Bands: panchromatic, 4-band multispectral (blue, green, red and near-infrared)
- Product Resolution: 1.5-m panchromatic, 6-m multispectral
- Average Revisit Time: at most 1 day (once SPOT 7 is operational)
- Footprint Width: 60 km (at nadir)
- Orbital Height: 694 km (at equator)
- Launch Date: September 9, 2012
For more information about SPOT 6 and 7, please contact the Apollo Mapping sales team at email@example.com or (303) 993-3863.