Apollo Mapping is excited to announce that for the first time ever, we can now offer nighttime high-resolution satellite imagery collected over any location on the planet. Partnering with ImageSat International, owners and operators of EROS A and EROS B, we are now able to provide you with custom collections of ~70-cm panchromatic imagery over areas as small as 50 square kilometers. As an added bonus, the price for this nighttime imagery is still below what you would pay for the minimum collection of color, high-resolution, daytime imagery.
We have tasked EROS B on multiple occasions and have been impressed with the turnaround time and high-quality panchromatic imagery it can deliver. While many people shy away from black and white only data, when it comes to nighttime imagery, there is little to no difference between black and white and color data. Further, by collecting only panchromatic data, EROS B can maximize collection capacity so you receive tasked imagery quicker.
Key Specifications of EROS B
- Launch Date – April 25, 2006
- Spectral Bands – panchromatic only
- Resolution – 70 centimeter (varies with orbital height, off-nadir angle and imaging mode)
- Revisit Time – ~3.5 days (varies with latitude and off-nadir angle)
- Swath Width – 7 km (varies with orbital height and off-nadir angle)
- Bit Depth – 10-bits
- Orbit Height – 520 km (varies about this average)
For more information on this new nighttime, high-resolution tasking service, please contact the Apollo Mapping sales team at (303) 993-3863 or firstname.lastname@example.org.