Do you have an online application or website that needs better basemap coverage than the Google Maps API, Bing Maps API or Esri ArcGIS Online can offer, particularly in less affluent areas of the world?
Or perhaps you have software that requires imagery but you need to cache these imagery tiles offline and Google/Bing/Esri does not allow this?
Maybe you need imagery to use for derivate products creation but again Google, Bing and Esri forbid this application?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the DigitalGlobe Maps API is the service you need! With the Maps API, you have access to the largest library of high-resolution 30 to 50-centimeter (cm) imagery available in the world. This data is served up to your application as tiles which you call through simple, standardized HTTP commands. And with a variety of paths to consume the Maps API service, you can customize the high-resolution imagery tiles to support your specific needs, creating beautiful static basemaps or responsive interactive map viewers.
Now that we have piqued your interest, here are some of the basic product specifications of the Maps API:
- Content Options: Currency-focused basemap for more recently collected coverage; Aesthetics-focused basemap for mostly seamless and cloud-free beautiful imagery
- Spectral Bands: color (RGB) only
- Resolution: 30 to 50-cm, with the majority 50-cm; 15-meter (m) in limited areas where high resolution not available
- Cloud Cover: less than 20% for the Currency-focused basemap; as close to cloud-free as possible for the Aesthetics-focused basemap
- Update Frequency: layer stack refreshed at least once per year where more current data is available in both rural and urban/suburban areas
- Available Overlays: roads only, basemap vectors and terrain
- Access & Usage Licensing Options: view only, derivative products and download (for offline caching and mobile application support)
- Commercialization Licensing Options: free, paid or internal-use
- SLA: at least a 99.9% uptime
- Type of Map Requests: static (for a non-interactive map) or dynamic (for an interactive map)
- Pricing: 12-month agreement based on map views
- Map View Definition: 1 tile @ 640×640 or 1280×1280 resolution for static map calls; 15 tiles @ 256×256 or 512×512 resolution for dynamic map calls
If you would like to find out more about the Maps API, try out a 30-day demo or have a specific pricing request, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.