Marking the third successful satellite launch in just the past two years, Astrium Services announced on March 7th that Pléiades 1B is fully operational after only three months in space! The Pléiades 1 twins are able to image a combined 2 million square kilometers (sq km) per day with daily revisits to every location on the planet. With 50-cm resolution imagery, Pléiades 1 is the choice for projects requiring large-area coverage in short time frames.
For those who have never worked with Pléiades 1 imagery, here is a summary of the satellites’ key specifications:
- Spectral Bands: panchromatic & 4-band multispectral (RGB + NIR)
- Product Resolution: 50-cm panchromatic & 2-m multispectral
- Global Revisit Time: 1 day
- Footprint Width: 20 km (at nadir)
- Launch Dates: December 17, 2011 (1A), December 2, 2012 (1B)
To find out more about Pléiades 1 imagery and pricing, please contact the Apollo Mapping sales team at (303) 993-3863 or [email protected].