A note to our readers: Given the popularity of this article, we are running it again! So no need to download this sample if you did so already in June 2017.
The Apollo Mapping sales team is happy to announce that we added a new, full resolution WorldView-3 (WV3) 8-band shortwave infrared (SWIR) and 8-band multispectral (MS) sample to our website!
Our last WV3 SWIR image sample from Namibia was a hit but admittedly, it was from a remote location that few people have ever worked in or even heard of. So for this sample, we are happy to offer a WV3 SWIR and 8-band sample from one of the most geologically-interesting and studied locations on the planet, i.e. Cuprite, Nevada!
The new WV3 SWIR sample can be accessed using the following link; just fill out this short form and then scroll to the bottom of the next page to find the compressed imagery file. You will want to use 7-Zip to extract the ZIP file – it is a freeware program you can find here.
Now an important note to our readers: while WV3 collects 3.7-meter (m) 8-band SWIR data, current US government regulations restrict the resolution to 7.5-m for all SWIR sales.
Here are a few key product specifications for this full resolution WV3 SWIR, MS and panchromatic imagery sample:
- Area of Interest Location: Cuprite, Nevada
- Area of Interest Size: 25 square kilometers
- Resolution: 30-cm panchromatic, 1.2-m MS & 7.5-m SWIR
- Spectral Bands: panchromatic, 8-band MS (i.e. coastal, blue, green, yellow, red, red edge, NIR1 and NIR2) and 8-band SWIR
- Product Format: 16-bit depth, ortho-ready with RPC files
- Compressed File Size: 492 megabytes (MB)
For more information on WorldView-3 satellite imagery, including technical specifications, please refer to our website here.
And if you have a specific request for WV3 data, please send an email to email@example.com.