Following up on last month’s piece about DigitalGlobe’s Advanced Elevation Series (AES), we continue this discussion with a look at the key product specifications and minimum orders. As a brief recap of this product, DigitalGlobe’s AES is a suite of elevation data products that are reasonably priced with global coverage. By utilizing existing archive coverage and their constellation of 50-cm WorldView satellites, DigitalGlobe is able to offer an industry first: global elevation data delivered in reasonable time frames at competitive market prices.
There are three basic product offerings within the AES: Mapping, Precision and Very High Precision elevation data. The three products are differentiated by their resolution and accuracy – this information is summarized in the table below. For each of the products, DigitalGlobe offers both a Digital Surface Model (DSM) which include human-made and natural features (such as trees, bushes and buildings); and a Digital Terrain Model (DTM) with these features removed. Other important specifications include:
- Minimum Order Size
- 100 square kilometers
- Geographic Coverage
- Price lifts do exist for some Asian countries
- Cloud Cover
- 5% or less
- Cloudy pixels in final product are identified with an Esri polygon shapefile
- Data Sharing
- Data can be shared with up to 5 end users for no additional charge
- Uplifts can be applied to accommodate more end users
A summary Table of Key AES Product Specifications
With pricing to meet different budget requirements and global coverage, DigitalGlobe’s AES elevation suite is the ideal solution for:
- Regional studies which require an analysis of elevation.
- Academics in need of a reasonably-priced solution to replace dated and low resolution public sources.
- Engineers looking to replace costly field labor in distant lands.
- More accurate orthorectification, particularly in areas of high topographic change.
If you would like more information about the global AES offering by DigitalGlobe, you can send requests to email@example.com or call us at (720) 720-7988.