Launched in late 2016 (and relaunched in mid-2018), Map Mavin is our pay-as-you go GIS cloud that lets users make unlimited public and password-protected web maps. Once you upload your vector and raster files to our secure Amazon cloud, you are ready to make and share your web maps in minutes – just like this demo web map we made with vectors and a base layer TIFF from Boulder, Colorado.
And with our Screen Share function, you can link up with users all around the world to collaborate on a map in real-time. Picture a live webex in your mind but just based around a map that moves and changes as the members of your team update information. Imagine the possibilities of working in real-time with a team of collaborators around the world without any GIS knowledge required!
Priced at just $35 per month with a free trial month, there is no other cloud-based GIS on the market that can compete with Map Mavin on price. For your $35 per month, you are able to store up to 5 gigabytes (5GB) as well as make and share unlimited web maps. As an added bonus, you can cancel your monthly contract at any time.
November 2018 Product Updates
In the past month, we released Map Mavin updates that included but were not limited to the following list of fixes, additions and/or enhancements:
- A free plugin for ArcGIS that automatically exports layers to Map Mavin and creates a web map. It also saves layer colors. Download the free ArcGIS to Map Mavin plugin here!
- Attribute text searches on web maps.
- For Premium Admin users, you now have access to XYZ vector tile basemaps, web tile services in vector and raster format, and a static map/print server API.
- Color ramps added to progressions and heat map layer styles.
- Download layers in a web map.
- Features are highlighted on map click.
- Add all layers in a folder to a web map.
- Recently used colors in Admin symbology menus.
- Access layer styles through API.
- Navigation compass added to the Map Editor so you can pick tilted default views.
- Allow editing of vectors on public maps.
- Decide if a vector layer can be completely editable, or if Map Viewers can only add in new features.
- Improved the editing workflow on web maps to be more intuitive and robust.
- Tilt and compass direction can now be added to an initial web map extent view.
- Layer uploads can be canceled while they are background processing.
- Upload layers directly to a folder.
- Updated the Admin GUI, adding in a tab for the Data Catalog.
- Web map legends now support icon graphics.
- Added sample maps and data to new accounts.
- Improved on-screen handling of folders.
- Autosave your workspace in 30-second intervals (sorry Peter, this one is for you!).
- We also released a horde of software bugs back into nature!
Stay tuned to this series where we will let you know about the Map Mavin changes that were released in the past month.
If you have an improvement or feature addition you would like to add the Map Mavin product road map, let us know by email at [email protected].
Are you interested in trying out Map Mavin? If so, you can sign up here. Or maybe you would like a live demo of the product before you sign up? If so, send us an email at [email protected] and we will get one scheduled right away!