The launch of our pay-as-you-go GIS cloud, Map Mavin, is just months away and we are looking for a group of dedicated beta testers to help us get this service to the market. We expect our beta tests to start in mid-to-late April, but as you might know these sort of project timelines are often subject to delays. Here is what the beta program will look like from a high-level:
- All beta testers will be given a free Map Mavin account that will stay valid for the duration of the test period.
- We expect beta testing to last 2 to 4 weeks.
- All beta testers will be asked to provide feedback on bugs they located during the tests as well as overall feedback on your user experience.
- As a sign of our appreciation, all beta testers who submit the required feedback will receive a $100 Map Mavin credit you can use once the service is live!
Do you think you would make a good beta tester? If so, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to the list!
While we are busy building out the infrastructure and technology required to support the most flexible GIS cloud on the market, now is a great time to explain a bit about the Map Mavin.
Some of you may have used other GIS cloud services in the past, and in many ways the Map Mavin will be similar to these. But the Map Mavin will distinguish itself in a variety of important manners. Here is a list of the key features that will be unique to the Map Mavin:
- Near-instant set-up – unlike other GIS clouds, the Map Mavin will take less than five minutes to sign up for, load data on to and get started using. No other cloud comes close to that flexibility.
- Tons of free spatial data – included with every subscription is access to more than 4 terabytes (TB) of free vector and raster data covering the United States and many parts of the world.
- A marketplace for spatial data – all users will have access to a library of spatial data that can be added to your GIS cloud. Further, users will be able to post data they have created to the marketplace to sell to other users (or let them use for free if you wish).
- Cloud computing – we will ask all users for feedback on the spatial operations they perform most frequently and will then implement the most popular ones in the Map Mavin.
- Free entry-level subscriptions – users will be able to use the full-functionality of Map Mavin with a free 30-day demo or up to 5 megabytes of storage. And once you pass this storage limit or 30 days of usage, subscriptions will start at just $10.00 per month!
- A robust online viewer – for those users in your organization lacking access to a GIS application, the Map Mavin will feature an online viewer that can be accessed from anywhere in the world as long as users have internet access.
- Enhanced browsing speeds – we will have all of your spatial data cached in multiple locations around the world so access times will be greatly reduced for international users.
- Flexible streaming architecture – administrators will be able to setup multiple WMS and WFS feeds that can be shared with the appropriate teams of data users. Each feed can be seeded with the datasets these users need access to.
- Industry-leading data redundancy – with 99.999999999% data redundancy, you can be assured that your data will not be lost once placed on the Map Mavin.
Do you have any specific questions you would like answered about the Map Mavin? Or perhaps you want to join the beta program? If so, let us know by email at email@example.com.