Have you checked out Image Hunter recently? If not, you should!
Up to this point, users of high and medium resolution imagery products have had to use multiple search engines to discover and order data that meets their project needs. Today, that changes for you once you start using Apollo Mapping’s Image Hunter, the only multi-platform search engine that lets you find and order both high and medium resolution imagery.
Key March 2015 Improvements
During February, we launched a new user interface that features automatic imagery searches and the addition of filters. And during the past month, our focus has been identifying missing previews in the database and replacing them. We are also working hard to put in place automated checks that will prevent the addition of missing previews during daily updates.
Image Hunter can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is a one-stop shop for every major source of medium and high-resolution satellite imagery on the market today, including:
- EROS B
- KOMPSAT 3
- KOMPSAT 2
- The Pléiades 1 constellation
- The entire SPOT constellation
If any of our readers have struggled with other geospatial search engines that are clunky, only query one data source and/or do not provide image previews, then Image Hunter is the solution to your woes, as it features:
- Online browsing of satellite imagery from 4 data providers and 19 satellites.
- Near-instantaneous loading of low resolution preview imagery with collection date, cloud cover and other key metadata.
- The ability to define your area of interest by address and with coordinates, geometric shape or shapefile/KMZ.
- A responsive basemap with street names to provide spatial context when discovering data as well as crowd-sourced updates for the most accurate map possible.
- Exports of the area of interest you create as well as the scenes you select in shapefile or KMZ format.
- Support for all operating systems, and not just our friends with Windows machines!
The new version of Image Hunter can be accessed here. We are excited to find out what you think about Version 2!
If you have any ideas and/or feedback to improve the new Image Hunter, please let us know at email@example.com or (303) 993-3863.