If you are searching for medium and high-resolution satellite imagery, the search is over as Image Hunter is the solution you’ve been looking for! Featuring satellite and aerial imagery as well as digital elevation models (DEMs) from a constantly expanding list of 53 sensors/datasets and 18 vendors, our database contains more than 112-million images/records meaning there is just no other website out there with this breadth of commercial data products. Our interface is slim-lined and modern, loading quickly on all platforms, browsers and operating systems. Further, our database is updated multiple times an hour with the most recent images collected by WorldView-3, Pléiades 1, PlanetScope, SuperView-1 and many more so you are sure to get the most current view of all the imagery and DEM databases we work with. Once you submit your request, an Apollo Mapping representative will be in touch within 4 Colorado business hours to get you the pricing information you need for your project.
So why wait? Give Image Hunter a try now to find the imagery and/or DEM data you need for your next mapping project!
Key April 2021 Improvement(s)
The past few months have been focused on improving the back end of Image Hunter – so to the user the changes are not apparent, which we do apologize for. Specifically, we are still busy replacing an entire codebase with the most recent version – this is painstaking work as it requires tons of tiny updates to handle new codebase features as well as changes to how we handle our GUI. In addition, we have had to correct a slew of database updates issues that pop-up nearly weekly – without these changes, the imagery database will not be as up-to-date as we require so these are also high-priority fixes users never ‘see’ but they benefit directly from.
Here is a summary of the changes/improvements we made to Image Hunter during the past month:
- Changed the way gazetteer searches are handled so they can be directly integrated with Google.
- Fixed a bug where AW3D previews remained on the screen even when not selected in the list of results.
- Improved the handling of persistent searches for Planet data so that they load about 50% quicker.
Data Alert – An Automated Daily Imagery Search
Have you checked out Data Alert which lets you define an area of interest anywhere around the globe, the resolution your project requires and the number of months we should keep the alert active? Once an alert is set up, we check for new data over your area of interest every single day, and send you an email when we find coverage that meets your specifications. We have a short YouTube video with directions to set up a Data Alert, check out the last video; and we have written directions for Data Alert here.
The Sensors Available in Image Hunter
As you might have seen in past articles, we now feature hourly updates (seriously!) of GaoFen 1/2, GeoEye-1, KOMPSAT 2/3/3A, Pléiades 1, SPOT 6/7, SuperView-1, TripleSAT, WorldView-1/2/3/4 and ZiYuan-3!
Image Hunter can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is a one-stop shop for every major source of medium and high-resolution satellite (and aerial!) imagery on the market today, including:
- EROS B
- Pléiades 1 constellation
- SPOT 1 to 7 constellation
- ZiYuan-3 01/02 (mono and stereo!)
- ALOS PRISM (stereo)
- AW3D Standard (DEM)
- SkySat constellation
- PlanetScope constellation (including 5-band SuperDove data)
- SuperView-1 constellation
- Landsat 1-8
- Hexagon (HxGN Content Program aerial imagery)
- Vricon DEMs
- Orbita Hyperspectral Satellite (OHS)
- Jilin-1 Optical
- Jilin-1 Video (including nighttime imagery)
- Jilin-1 GF
- Jillin-1 KF
- Orbita Video Satellites-1/2/3 (OVS-1/2/3)
Key Features of Image Hunter
If any of our readers have struggled with other geospatial search engines that are clunky, only query one data source and/or do not provide image previews, then Image Hunter is the solution to your woes as it features:
- Online browsing of satellite and aerial imagery from 18 data providers and 53 satellite and aerial imagery derived datasets.
- Near-instantaneous loading of low-resolution preview imagery with collection date, cloud cover and other key metadata.
- The ability to define your area of interest by address, coordinates, geometric shape or shapefile/KMZ.
- A responsive basemap with street names to provide spatial context when discovering data as well as crowd-sourced updates for the most accurate map possible.
- Exports of the area of interest you create as well as the scenes you select in shapefile or KMZ format.
- Support for all operating systems, and not just our friends with Windows machines!
Image Hunter can be accessed here all day and night, we are excited to find out what you think about our imagery search engine! So if you have any ideas and/or feedback to improve Image Hunter, please let us know at email@example.com or (303) 993-3863.