Have you checked out Image Hunter recently?!?! If not, you should!
Listening to the feedback we received on improving imagery search engines over the years, the new version of Image Hunter features a major overhaul to the user interface as well as to the backend architecture. Image Hunter is now built on open-source technology so now it works on all computers, not just on Windows machines. We slimmed down the user interface to make it easier to find the imagery filters and other available tools. All things said, we really think you will enjoy your browsing experience – plus no other search engine even comes close to the breadth of satellites offered in Image Hunter!
Key September 2018 Improvement(s)
During the past month our focus for Image Hunter was cleaning up a few long-term bugs and adding in some new cool features. And in September, we hope to add in some new datasets! Here is a list of the key changes and features added to Image Hunter in the past month:
- Introduced persistent searches! Check out the target icon in the header next to the question mark. With this new tool, you can copy a URL and then send your search results to anyone.
- Added seasonal filters.
- Fixed a strange bug where satellite images could duplicate themselves over and over in the results list.
- Cleaned up the look of buttons.
- Added weekly historic updates for all satellites.
Data Alert – An Automated Daily Imagery Search
We launched our highly anticipated Data Alert service in mid-2015 and it’s a hit! Data Alert lets you define an area of interest anywhere around the globe, the resolution your project requires and the number of months we should keep the alert active. Once an alert is set up, we check for new data over your area of interest every single day, and send you an email when we find coverage that meets your specifications. We have a short YouTube video with directions to set up a Data Alert, check out the second video; and we have written directions for Data Alert here.
The Satellites Available in Image Hunter
As you might have seen in past articles, we now feature hourly updates (seriously!) of GaoFen 1/2, GeoEye-1, KOMPSAT 2/3/3A, Pléiades 1, SPOT 6/7, SuperView-1, TripleSAT, WorldView-1/2/3/4 and ZiYuan-3!
Image Hunter can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is a one-stop shop for every major source of medium and high-resolution satellite imagery on the market today, including:
- EROS B
- Pléiades 1 constellation
- SPOT 1 to 7 constellation
- ZiYuan-3 01/02 (mono and stereo!)
- ALOS PRISM (stereo)
- SkySat constellation
- SuperView-1 constellation
- Landsat 1-8
Key Features of Image Hunter
If any of our readers have struggled with other geospatial search engines that are clunky, only query one data source and/or do not provide image previews, then Image Hunter is the solution to your woes as it features:
- Online browsing of satellite imagery from 10 plus data providers and over 30 satellite systems.
- Near-instantaneous loading of low-resolution preview imagery with collection date, cloud cover and other key metadata.
- The ability to define your area of interest by address, coordinates, geometric shape or shapefile/KMZ.
- A responsive basemap with street names to provide spatial context when discovering data as well as crowd-sourced updates for the most accurate map possible.
- Exports of the area of interest you create as well as the scenes you select in shapefile or KMZ format.
- Support for all operating systems, and not just our friends with Windows machines!
Image Hunter can be accessed here all-day and all-night, we are excited to find out what you think about our imagery search engine! So if you have any ideas and/or feedback to improve Image Hunter, please let us know at email@example.com or (303) 993-3863.