Have you had a chance to test out our online imagery search engine, Image Hunter? If not, give it a test drive now as all orders placed with Image Hunter will receive a 5% discount!
Image Hunter can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is a one-stop shop for every major source of medium and high resolution satellite imagery on the market today, including:
- Pléiades 1 (coming soon)
- The SPOT constellation (coming soon)
If any of our readers have struggled with other geospatial search engines that are clunky; only query one data source; and/or do not provide preview images, then Image Hunter is the solution to your woes, as it features:
- Near-instantaneous loading of low resolution preview imagery with associated collection date and key metadata.
- The ability to define your area of interest by address and with coordinates, geometric shape or shapefile/KMZ.
- A responsive base layer with street names and imagery to provide a spatial context when discovering data.
- Online ordering of satellite imagery from 3 data providers and 7 constellations.
- Global coverage with tools to measure distance and create annotated maps.
In the coming quarter, we will be adding in a number of new datasets including elevation data and Astrium satellite imagery from the Pléiades 1 and SPOT constellations (finally!).
This month, we made major changes to the user interface of Image Hunter which we hope will make it easier to use. We have hidden some buttons and grouped others together – take a look and let us know what you think!
Image Hunter can be accessed here. If you would like a Quick Start Guide to get up and running, it can be downloaded here. We are excited to find out what you think about Image Hunter and any ideas you might have to improve the user experience – we can be reached anytime at (303) 993-3863 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with these suggestions.