Have you had a chance to test out our new online imagery search engine, Image Hunter?
If not, give it a test drive now as all orders placed with Image Hunter will receive a 5% discount during the month of October 2012!
Image Hunter can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is a one-stop shop for every major source of medium and high resolution satellite imagery on the market today, including:
- Pléiades 1A (coming soon)
- The SPOT constellation (coming soon)
If any of our readers have struggled with other geospatial search engines that are clunky; only query one data source; and/or do not provide preview images, then Image Hunter is the solution to your woes, as it features:
- Near-instantaneous loading of low resolution preview imagery with associated collection date and key metadata
- Ability to define your area of interest by address and with coordinates, geometric shape or shapefile/KMZ
- Responsive base layer with street names and imagery to provide a spatial context when discovering data
- Online ordering of satellite imagery from 3 data providers and 7 constellations
- Global coverage with tools to measure distance and create annotated maps
During the month of September, we made several important upgrades:
- Latitude and longitude coordinates displayed in Image Hunter are now in decimal degrees format so they are easier to work with.
- We improved the handling of extremely complex shapefiles, including auto-simplification of polygons that would cause issues with Image Hunter’s functionality.
Image Hunter can be accessed here. If you would like a Quick Start Guide to get up and running, it can be downloaded here. We are excited to find out what you think about Image Hunter and any ideas you might have to improve the user experience – we can be reached anytime at (303) 993-3863 or at email@example.com with these suggestions.