Well, we definitely have! So in this monthly piece, we pick a high resolution satellite, a time period and a geography, and then report key statistics on the total amount of imagery collected. So without further ado, let’s jump into our analysis.
- Graphic Region of Interest: southern Africa (as defined in the accompanying map)
- Land Mass Covered: 9,281,242 square kilometers (sq km)
- Time Period: December 1, 2012 to February 28, 2013
- High Resolution Satellite: WorldView-2
Southern Africa WorldView-2 Imaging Statistics
- Total Area Collected: 3,341,836 sq km; ~37,132 sq km per day
- Area Collected @ 20% or Less Clouds & 30 Degrees Off-Nadir: 1,079,788 sq km; ~11,998 sq km per day; 32.3% of total