Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap (GBM).
With Global Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of Global Basmap is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
March 2014 Global Basemap Product Update
The color imagery content in Global Basemap continues to grow by the minute. DigitalGlobe has committed to an impressive update schedule that will make this global imagery solution even more robust. In the map below, you can see the percentage of each country that is currently covered with color imagery; in the coming months, more countries will join the top two coverage tiers.
Global Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, country-level or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 60-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual or quarterly
- Data Accuracy: 8.5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in Global Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at [email protected] or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.