Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap (GBM).
With Global Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
September 2014 Global Basemap Product Update
As the summer collection season draws to a close, DigitalGlobe has been hard at work acquiring areas in the northern latitudes of the United States before winter arrives with snow-covered landscapes and lower sun elevation angles. As one of the defining features of Refresh USA 2.0 is a complete imagery dataset, we focused this month on rural areas, capturing up to 20% of northern states such as Oregon, Montana, North Dakota and Maine.
So that’s what we’re doing up above the clouds. In the cloud, we’ve been improving our online service delivery performance. DigitalGlobe’s Web Mapping Tile Service is the piece of GBM that makes our imagery tiles appear onscreen for users. We’ve seen substantial improvements with our new tile delivery system and are now down to an average response time of 0.05 seconds! The Web Feature Service delivers metadata to users, and is also down to a 0.05 second average response time.
Global Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, country-level or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 60-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily (for Refresh 2.0 only); updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy: 8.5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in Global Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.