Did you see the news that we have a satellite constellation in Image Hunter that offers high-resolution mono, video and nighttime imagery? If not, read on and find out more about this exciting constellation!
May 2023 UPDATE! CG Satellite continues to invest in their 75-cm resolution satellite constellation. In late April, they added three more GFD03 series satellites with 75-cm resolution panchromatic bands and 3-meter resolution multispectral bands to their API. The Jilin-1 constellation is still going strong and will continue to provide high-frequency data for years to come.
Apollo Mapping offers high-resolution Jilin-1 imagery from satellites owned and operated by CG Satellite. This partnership unlocks a constellation of multiple satellites in four different series (i.e. Optical, Video, GF and KF) launched between 2015 and now. With a robust archive accessible through Image Hunter, the Jilin-1 product suite includes nighttime, video and mono imagery!
Jilin-1 offers an impressive variety of resolutions from 30-cm to 1.2-m. It’s also the only constellation boasting an array of unique capabilities, like 120-second color video collected at 92-cm and 1.2-m resolution; and 92-cm to 1.2-m color nighttime imagery. Five satellites in the Jilin-1 Video series also collect a 3.68-meter red-edge band for vegetation mapping; while satellites in the KF series collect data with a massive 136-kilometer (km) wide footprint or greater. With so many satellites in orbit, Jilin-1 revisits the same location up to six times a day, resulting in a robust archive filled with large-footprint images.
Check out some of the interesting specifications that set the Jilin-1 constellation apart from its competitors:
- Sensor Resolution: (at nadir)
- Optical A – 72-cm panchromatic, 2.88-m multispectral
- Video 01/02 – 1.13-m color (video imaging only)
- Video 03 – 92-cm color (video & nighttime imaging only)
- Video 04/05/06/07/08 – 92-cm panchromatic, 3.68-m multispectral; 92-cm color (video & nighttime imaging only)
- GF03C-01/02/03 – 1.2-m color (video & nighttime imaging only)
- GF02A/GF02B/GF02C/GF02D/KF01A/GF03D/GFD03 Series – 75-cm panchromatic, 3-m multispectral
- KF01B/KF01C – 50-cm panchromatic, 2-m multispectral
- GF03B-01/02/03/04/05/06 – 1-m panchromatic, 4-m multispectral
- GF03A – 1.06-m panchromatic, 4.24-m multispectral
- GF04A – 30-cm panchromatic, 1.2-m multispectral
- Collection Geometry: (at nadir)
- Optical A: 11.6 km (width) x 11.6 km (length)
- Video 01/02: 4.6 km × 3.4 km
- Video 03: 11 km x 4.5 km
- Video 04/05/06/07/08: 19 km wide x up to 420 km long (pushbroom, daytime imaging); 11 km × 4.5 km (video & nighttime imaging only)
- GF02A/B: two cameras at slightly over 20 km, combined footprint width of 40 to 42 km; 2,100 km maximum length
- GF03A: 18.5 km x up to 2,280 km
- KF01A: 136 km x up to 4,200 km; full scene is divided into 23 km x 23 km sections upon data transfer
- GF02D/F: 40 km wide
- GF03C-01/02/03: 14.4 km (wide) x 6 km (long)
- GF03B-01/02/03/04/05/06, GF03D Series: > 17 km wide
- KF01B/KF01C: > 150 km wide
- GF04A: 15 km wide
You can search for Jilin-1 coverage 24-hours a day by using Image Hunter.
And you can request a new price list with 30-cm Jilin-1 added in by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org!