Well, we definitely have! So in this monthly piece, we pick a high resolution satellite, a time period and a geography, and then report key statistics on the total amount of imagery collected. So without further ado, let’s jump into our analysis.
- Graphic Region of Interest: Given that it’s winter in the Northern Hemisphere, collections have slowed on this side of our globe; so we turn our attention to the nations of continental Central America.
- Time Period: September 1 to December 31, 2012
- High Resolution Satellite: Pléiades 1A
- Land Mass Covered: 2,459,149 square kilometers (sq km)
Central America Pléiades 1A Imaging Statistics
- Total Area Collected: 1,783,403 sq km; 14,618 sq km per day
- Area Collected @ 20% or Less Clouds & 30 Degrees Off-Nadir: 846,313 sq km; 6,937 sq km per day; 47.5% of total