Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap (GBM).
With Global Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
December 2017 Product Update
In November, our focus was on +Vivid, which are countrywide (or close to it in some cases) offline mosaics produced in TIFF format; and in December, we pivot back to our normal topic with a look at the depth of the GBM database over South America. And okay, yes you are correct, the coverage is not as recent as you might find over the United States but that is not due to lack of effort! Rather, as you can appreciate, South America is a cloudy place – either way, check out the coverage statistics on the data we can offer over this region with GBM:
- South America GBM Coverage By Year
- Less than 1 year (yr) old – 12,553,082 sq km, 70.89% coverage of South America
- 1 to 2 yr old – 14,252,689 sq km, 80.49% coverage
- 2 to 3 yr old – 7,113,038 sq km, 40.17% coverage
- 3 to 4 yr old – 4,749,194 sq km, 26.82% coverage
- 4 yr old and greater – 12,769,496 sq km, 72.11% coverage
- Total coverage – 51,437,499 sq km
- Total (approximate) area consider – 17,707,718 sq km
Global Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 30-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy:5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at [email protected] or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.