Do you have the need for regularly updated images of locations around the world?
Perhaps you need imagery to integrate with an OEM solution you are developing?
Or maybe your organization uses large amounts of high-resolution imagery each year, and you are seeking a low-cost option for this data?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then the solution you are looking for is DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap (GBM).
With Global Basemap, you have access to millions of square kilometers of imagery with low cloud-cover and off-nadir angles. This data is accessible in streaming web-mapping services as well as through an online viewer. And perhaps the most important feature of GBM is the regular updates you can receive as out-dated imagery is often of little or no use to our valued clients.
November 2017 Product Update
Last month our focus was on Canada and the United States, and this month we take a break from the traditional subscription service that we cover here and instead focus on Vivid which is an offline country-wide mosaic derived from the GBM database. For projects that require one-time purchases of offline high-resolution imagery over large areas, Vivid can be an ideal solution. Currently, there are 116 Vivid countries that are 100% covered with full high-resolution imagery. Here are some more of the eye-popping statistics on the Vivid product offering:
- Countries Covered
- 100% coverage – 116 countries
- 0 to 99.9% coverage – 80 countries
- Less than 95.0% coverage – 36 countries
- Total Area Coverage
- 116,477,232 square kilometers (sq km) covered in sum!
Global Basemap Product Specifications
- Geographic Regions Covered: defined area of interest, US county, country or global
- Maximum Imagery Resolution: 50-centimeters through WMS and WCS; 30-cm for other delivery mechanisms
- Data Sources: primary = WorldView-2 and GeoEye-1; secondary = QuickBird, IKONOS, WorldView-1 and aerial
- Database Update Frequency: annual, semi-annual, quarterly or daily; updates are to limited portions of the database, not the entire database
- Data Accuracy:5-meter CE90%
- Database Access: OGC streaming services (i.e. WMS, WMST, WCS and WFS), Google Earth streaming services (i.e. EarthService), ArcGIS plugin (i.e. ImageConnect), offline database and online portal
- Pricing Model: transactional and unlimited tiered subscriptions based on geography and number of users (with uplifts for more frequent updates and imagery downloads)
- Subscription Term: annual
For more information on the pricing and coverage available in DigitalGlobe’s Global Basemap, you can reach our sales team anytime at [email protected] or during typical business hours at (303) 993-3863.