In this monthly article, we provide details on updates released each month to Astrium GEO’s 2.5-meter (m) SPOTMaps product. SPOTMaps is an orthorectified natural color imagery layer with coverage over more than 100 countries – totaling an impressive 84 million square kilometers (sq km). For projects requiring a value-priced basemap better than what 15-m Landsat can offer, there is no other choice than SPOTMaps.
SPOTMaps Updates – September 2012
- 17 markets are currently being updated, including:
- Six nations in Africa
- Portions of Australia
- Large portions of Western China
For those who have never worked with SPOTMaps, below is a summary of key product specifications as well as product differentiators.
Key Product Specifications
- Resolution: 2.5-m
- Spectral Bands: simulated natural color (RGB)
- Horizontal Accuracy: 10 to 15-m RMSE (root mean square error)
- Projection/Datum: UTM WGS84
- Source Data: SPOT5 satellite imagery
- File Format: GeoTIFF
- Recent and ready for immediate delivery and integration with your GIS
- Seamless, orthorectified coverage across countries and entire regions
- Suitable for work up to 1:10,000 scale
- Custom product framing with minimum orders of ~100 sq km
- Prouct series is updated every month
- Source data can be delivered with all SPOTMaps mosaics
- Volume and academic discounts are offered
- Multi-user license are available
The map below has been color coded to show the collection year which makes up the majority of each SPOTMaps mosaic as well as those markets that were updated this month. An Apollo Mapping representative can provide more details on the specific year ranges used in each mosaic.
If you would like pricing details and/or additional product details, such as date ranges and accuracy specifications, please let us know at email@example.com or (303) 993-3863.