Sorry, this is a repeat from last month but this is an important topic, so here we go again…in fact, it was so popular last month, that it broke our website, oops!
We are happy to announce that a full resolution WorldView-3 (WV3) 8-band shortwave infrared (SWIR) and 8-band multispectral (MS) sample is now live on the Apollo Mapping website!
The sample can be accessed using the following link; just fill out this short form and then scroll to the bottom of the next page to find the compressed WV3 imagery file. You will want to use 7-Zip to extract the ZIP file – it is a freeware program you can find here.
Now an important note to our readers: while WV3 collects 3.7-meter (m) 8-band SWIR data, current US government regulations restrict the resolution to 7.5-m for all SWIR sales.
Here are a few key product specifications for this full resolution WV3 SWIR, MS and panchromatic imagery sample:
- Area of Interest Location: rural Khorixas
- Area of Interest Size: ~120 square kilometers
- Resolution: 30-cm panchromatic, 1.2-m MS & 7.5-m SWIR
- Spectral Bands: panchromatic, 8-band MS (i.e. coastal, blue, green, yellow, red, red edge, NIR1 and NIR2) and 8-band SWIR
- Product Format: 16-bit depth, ortho-ready with RPC files
- Compressed File Size: 1.5 gigabytes (GB)
For more information on WorldView-3 satellite imagery, including technical specifications, please refer to our website here.
And if you have a specific request for WV3 data, please send an email to email@example.com.