For the past two and a half years, Astrium GEO’s twin high-resolution radar satellites, TerraSar-X and TanDEM-X, have imaged the entire land surface of our planet multiple times to create the first ever 12-meter (m) global elevation model, the WorldDEM. Expected to be ready for commercial sales by mid-2014, Apollo Mapping is happy to announce that 12-m WorldDEM samples are ready for download over three locations.
The key specifications of Astrium’s WorldDEM are as follows:
- Resolution: 12-m
- Vertical Accuracy: 2-m (relative), 10-m (absolute)
- Format: digital surface models (DSM) & digital terrain models (DTM)
- Vintage: all data collected within 2.5-years
- Source: synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites TerraSAR-X & TanDEM-X
You can download the three 12-m WorldDEM samples here:
- Buraydah, Saudi Arabia – desert with agriculture present; 576 m to 737 m | download here
- Mjosa Lake, Norway – hilly terrain with large water bodies; 100 m to 840 m | download here
- Wagga Wagga, Australia – forest and urban with many water bodies; 137 m to 922 m | download here
For more information on 12-m WorldDEM data, please send us an email at email@example.com.