Vricon – owned by Saab and Maxar – uses a big data approach to create their geospatial database, ‘The Globe in 3D’. By combining unique, patented algorithms with the world’s largest archive of satellite data from Maxar, Vricon produces an authoritative, geo-specific three-dimensional representation of the planet that includes a digital elevation model (DEM).
As all Vricon products are derived from The Globe in 3D, the layers are perfectly georegistered and maintain the highest accuracy throughout their entire suite of offerings, be it 50-centimeter or 5-meter Digital Terrain Models (DTMs) or Digital Surface Models (DSMs). These DEMs boast an impressive absolute vertical and horizontal accuracy of 3-meter LE90/CE90 – achieved without the need for ground control points.
Many customers start their 3D journey with Vricon’s 5-meter Digital Elevation Models, the least expensive DEM data. Volume discounts are available.
- Minimum Order Size: 100 sq km (per area)
- Product Type: Vricon 5-m DSM
- Price Per Sq Km: $15.00 (more detailed pricing can be found here)
For an exact quote, please contact our Sales Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DEM Post Spacing (i.e. Resolution): 5 m
- Absolute Vertical Accuracy: < 3 m Linear Error 90% (LE90)
- Absolute Horizontal Accuracy: < 3 m Circular Error 90% (CE90)
- Data Source: Maxar satellite imagery
- Available Formats: DSM and DTM
At 50-cm resolution, Vricon can deliver one of the highest resolution DEMs available using archived satellite imagery.
Even without ground control points, the absolute vertical/horizontal accuracy of these DEMs is 3-meter LE90/CE90.
Vricon pulls data from a vast archive of Maxar satellite imagery to create their 50-cm DEMs, cutting out clouds and snow in most places. As such, the vintage of the data varies but can go back to 2001.