For some mapping projects, there is a need for a specific and customized set of elevation data deliverables. In these instances, our custom Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) are the correct solution. To create our custom DEMs, we work closely with you and your team to determine the specifications that your elevation model requires. And once we lock in the correct specifications, the Apollo Mapping team sources the raw stereo data required to create your DEM.
We offer a full range of DEM solutions, from medium resolution 20-m products down to high resolution 1-m products with matching accuracies. By employing a constellation of satellites for the necessary raw data, we are able to match our custom DEM solutions to your specific budget, project requirements and required delivery timeline.
- DEM Post Spacing (i.e. Resolution): up to 2 m
- Absolute Vertical Accuracy: up to 1 m Linear Error 90% (LE90), terrain and source dependent
- Absolute Horizontal Accuracy: up to 2 m Circular Error 90% (CE90), terrain and source dependent
- Data Source: optical stereo pairs from a variety of satellites, including WorldView-1, WorldView-2, Pléiades 1 and GeoEye-1
- Formats Available: DSM and DTM
Minimum Order Size
The minimum order size for our custom DEMs is smaller than any of the standardized elevation products we offer.
Unique Resolution & Accuracy
In some cases, the resolution and/or accuracies offered by our standardized elevation products will not meet your needs. In these instances, our custom DEMs can be created to match these needs.
When highly customized specifications and/or final deliverables are required, Apollo Mapping custom DEMs are the correct solution.