There has been a slurry of pricing updates from DigitalGlobe with the long-awaited launch of WorldView-3 so let’s take a few moments to recap them all while we have your attention.
Here is a handy summary of the current pricing changes and promotions available for DigitalGlobe satellite imagery products:
- There is a new price list for 30-cm satellite imagery products offered by DigitalGlobe. Please email the Apollo Mapping sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details on these new prices. The new price list also includes changes to 8-band WorldView-2/3 archived and tasked imagery.
- 30-cm WorldView-3 products will not be available until Q1 2015. Check our monthly newsletter, The Geospatial Times, for details on exactly when 30-cm products will be made available.
- 40-cm and 50-cm tasking requests for WorldView-3 only will be subject to the new 30-cm resolution pricing table.
- New collections at 30-cm resolution will have regional prices dependent on the country that is being tasked. We can tell you more about the regional prices to expect if you email us at email@example.com.
- Through the end of 2014, requests for WorldView-3 only 40-cm tasking orders will be priced 50% off the list price.
- Any WorldView-3 order placed before February 25, 2015 are eligible for 50% off redelivery at 30-cm once the US government eases the resolution restriction.
- Through the end of 2014, customers based in the Americas who are also ordering data over the Americas will receive these discounts: (a) 8-band archive imagery at 4-band data pricing; and (b) 8-band tasked imagery for a 10% uplift on 4-band data pricing. There is a 25 square kilometer (sq km) minimum order for archive data and then 500 sq km for tasked imagery.
- There is a 50% off discount for DigitalGlobe imagery older than 18 months – you can find out more about this promotion here.
If you have questions about any of these WorldView-2/3 price changes and/or promotional discounts, please contact the Apollo Mapping sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org.