For many clients using satellite imagery in media applications like movies, television advertisements and newspapers, the traditional end user license agreements delivered with our data will not suffice. Understanding the commercial need for a more flexible media license that can be delivered rapidly, DigitalGlobe now has you covered!
In the past, media licenses were custom in nature and could take one to two weeks (sometimes longer) to put in place. Now, the media license is an out-of-the-box offering by DigitalGlobe (and Airbus) so that it adds literally no time to product delivery – yay!
Here are some of the pertinent details about the media license, if we missed anything you would like to know, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Basic License Language: “DigitalGlobe grants to Customer a perpetual, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to publish extracts of the Product and/or Derivatives of the Product…”
- Full License: download here
- License Cost: adds 20% to base imagery price
- Available Products: all DigitalGlobe satellite imagery from GeoEye-1, IKONOS, QuickBird and WorldView-1/2/3/4
- Average Delivery Time: one to two business days (add one to three business days for value-added services)
Article Update: Since we originally wrote this article, Airbus has added in their own media license that can be found here – it adds 30% to the cost of the data and is similar in nature to the DigitalGlobe license described above.