Pléiades 1A has been in orbit since December 2011 and if you have not had a chance to check out any sample imagery, take a few moments and have a look at the gallery on our website. If you work with high resolution imagery, you should consider Pléiades 1A for your next geospatial project.
A variety of Pléiades 1A products are available from both a growing archive and as a new collection, including 50-centimeter (cm) pansharpened imagery and 50-cm panchromatic – 2-meter (m) 4-band multispectral bundles. We are happy to discuss the technical specifications, pricing and tasking options available with this new satellite constellation as Pléiades 1A has been joined in space by its twin, Pléiades 1B.
Working with Pléiades 1A for the past months, we have noticed that:
- The imagery archive is growing and is well targeted.
- Astrium is able to deliver on their tasking feasibilities.
- The data is crisp with excellent color saturation so that it is on par with competitors’ 50-cm satellites.
Recent Tasking Successes with Pléiades 1A
Month after month, Pléiades 1A continues to impress with its tasking prowess. In February, we had two successes:
- Pléiades 1A collected cloud-free imagery over a coastal polygon in Indonesia in less than 28 days, this is particularly impressive as it is the rainy season in the region.
- And over the Indian Ocean, Pléiades 1A collected more than 750 sq km of less than 5% cloud cover imagery in less than 21 days. Open bodies of water are challenging to collect data over as cloud patterns tend to more erratic.
Pléiades 1A is definitely a giant of high-res tasking!
Pléiades 1A Sample Imagery
This month we feature stunning sample imagery collected by Pléiades 1A over Damascus, Syria on March 8, 2012. We enhanced this 50-cm natural color imagery to improve its colors and sharpness and the results speak for themselves.
Our Contact Details For More Information About Pléiades 1A/1B
The Apollo Mapping sales team can answer any questions you might have about Pléiades 1A. We can be reached anytime at (303) 993-3863 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More sample images and technical information about Pléiades 1A/1B can be found on our website here.